YouTube creators consider a verification badge next to their channel name very crucial. Since YouTube is the world’s largest video-sharing platform. It becomes effortless to monetize your channel once you have that little grey badge, but it’s challenging to get one. Many creators on YouTube have earned the badge and lost it without knowing why. While others don’t know how to get one. This guide will resolve all your doubts and show you how you can verify your YouTube account.
Before that, let’s understand what a verification badge is YouTube and why it is essential to get verified on YouTube.
What is YouTube verification?
YouTube verification is a tiny grey badge or a music note that appears next to your YouTube channel name.
This badge shows that your channel has been verified and increases the credibility of your YouTube channel. Getting a verification badge does not give you access to any special features; it simply builds a legit brand image. Your users can trust your channel and the video content you upload on it. It also keeps impersonators from copying your channel and video content.
Why is YouTube Account Verification necessary?
As you might know, a verification badge on any social media handle makes the account owner very reliable and trustworthy. Users tend to trust verified channels over others while looking for video content and differentiate between fake accounts.
YouTube verification requirements:
To get a YouTube verification badge, you must:
- Have at least 100,000 subscribers on your YouTube channel.
- Be genuine – owned by an actual YouTube creator.
- Have a complete profile – must be public with a description, content, and active.
Another way to get a verification badge on YouTube is by getting more views on your YouTube videos and growing your subscriber base.
Tips to increase views on your YouTube videos
- Descriptive keywords in the title
- Keyword-rich descriptions
- Use tags
- Make use of cards
- Customize your thumbnail
- Collaborate with guest YouTubers
- Include end screens
- Create playlists
- Post promotions through embedded links
- Invest in promotional platforms
You can read a detailed description of these pointers in our blog.
How to get verified on YouTube?
- Click on the URL and scroll down to the “Apply for channel verification” section.
- Select the “Apply Now” option.
- A new screen displaying the “Channel Verification Application” will appear.
- Fill in your details and click on the submit button.
This process might take a few weeks. If you have received your verification badge, remember not to violate YouTube’s Terms of Service or its Community Guidelines. If you do, you might lose your verification badge. You might lose your badge even if you change your channel name, so be sure to avoid doing the aforementioned things.
Are you looking to grow your YouTube channel by increasing views on your YouTube videos and expanding your subscriber base? Try Veefly’s latest YouTube promotional services and verify your YouTube channel.