YouTube has always been strict and firm about its terms and policies. YouTube creators frequently face copyright issues while using music in their videos! There are two types of music available, one that is free to download and the other is copyright-free. There’s a difference between both. Music that is available to download free of cost is free music. Copyright-free music can be used while you upload videos on YouTube. Did you know YouTube actually solved this issue? No, you still cannot use copy-righted music! YouTube introduced an audio library in 2013 for its creators. To use the music from the YouTube audio library all you need to do is log in to YouTube studio.
Does the YouTube audio library have royalty-free music? Is it free of charge?
Yes, YouTube Audio Library has over 150,000 royalty-free audio tracks for video creators. They are free of charge as well! To have access to YouTube’s audio library you need to sign in to YouTube studio and search for ‘Audio library’.
Benefits of YouTube Audio Library
Want to know why YouTube Audio Library is best for beginners. Here are the list of things that make it the best option to avoid copyright strike.
- Copyright-free music – Offers royalty-free music free of charge.
- Variety of music – YouTube audio library has music for almost all the moods! From rock and funky music to slow and soothing tunes..this library has it all covered. Instrumental music from acoustic guitar to trumpets to a classical number..it has all the music one desires!
- Monetary benefits – Musicians can share their music to YouTube Audio Library and earn monetary benefits. As an artist, you can join the YouTube Partner Programme, and use ads to generate revenue. Your channel should have 1000 subscribers and 4000 views in the previous year. As an artist, you can join the YouTube Partner Programme, and use ads to generate revenue. Your channel should have 1000 subscribers and 4000 views in the previous year.
Other websites that offer royalty-free music for YouTube
- Uppbeat – Offers free music download without copy-right claims.
- Artlist – Allows an unlimited number of music downloads for unlimited use for $199 annually.
- Foximusic – You can buy music tracks and use them unlimitedly. Let’s you use the music for YouTube and Facebook.
- Amazon – Amazon is a well-known and one of the biggest music libraries. It has over 30,000 tracks. It may charge $1 per track you download but some tracks are also available for free.
- Mixkit – You can download audio tracks from Mixkit without signing up and free of charge. Attribution is also not required!
YouTube might restrict or delete your video if you do not follow these policies. YouTube also introduced new terms of service in 2021. While using the YouTube Audio library and enjoying these benefits, keep these below points in your mind:
- You cannot claim the music to be your own.
- Do not use the music without giving credits in the video description.
- Avoid deleting or adding from the music track.
- Do not use a third-party website to download any music track from the YouTube audio library.
- Without fail, include full credits in the description of your video.