YouTube Shorts Fund Monetization: Everything you need to know.
Have you heard the good news?
No? Well, that’s okay because now we get to tell you the news ourselves.
YouTube has announced a YouTube Shorts Fund Monetization of $100M for creators to win a piece of their YouTube shorts videos.
Table of Contents
What is a YouTube Shorts Fund Monetization, you ask?
Well, Based on the performance of your YouTube shorts, you can win a piece of the $100M bonus fund.
You can earn between $100- $10,000 per month.
Till now, creators did not earn money from their shorts videos on YouTube, but now the video-streaming giant has provided creators with this thrilling new opportunity to earn off the shorts videos via the YouTube Shorts Monetization Fund.
It’s an exciting new step in monetizing the short-form video on the Video- streaming hub.
Here is everything that a creator needs to know about this New Monetization Opportunity,
- Any original shorts video that has been uploaded on YouTube in the last 180 days/ 6 months.
- The YouTube short videos have to follow all the YouTube Community Guidelines, Copyright Rules, and monetization policies.
- Nonoriginal content, such as videos re-uploaded from other channels is not eligible.
- Shorts videos uploaded with logos or watermarks from third-party social apps like TikTok and Instagram are not eligible for the payouts either.
- Your country should be eligible for the YouTube monetization fund.
Which Countries are eligible for YouTube Shorts Fund Monetization?
The new YouTube Monetization update has not been applied globally. For the time being, only the creators from the following ten countries can benefit from YouTube’s Monetization update.
Check the list to find if your country is eligible for the lottery,
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
How much can you earn from YouTube Shorts?
Depending on the performance and engagement of the YouTube Shorts, a creator can earn anything between $100 to $10,000 every month.
The YouTube Shorts’ bonus amount is decided based on metrics like your Month’s shorts views and the Audience’s location.
All of a creator’s shorts videos will contribute to the YT Shorts performance each month that they get views and not just the month of their upload.
Optimizing your YouTube shorts videos can help you garner thousands of fresh monthly views and get you closer to winning the shorts bonus.
Check out our blog on How To Optimize Your YouTube Shorts Videos?
How to claim the YouTube Shorts Funds bonus?
If a creator has qualified for the shorts fund bonus, they will receive an email notifying them about the same.
Once you receive the email you need to claim the bonus.
Let’s say your video got viral in a given month, you will receive an email between 8-10th of the next month informing you that you have won the shorts bonus.
In the email, there will be an option to claim the money.
To claim the YT Shorts bonus you need to complete two steps-
- You need to accept the YouTube Shorts Monetization Fund’s terms and conditions.
- Also, you need to link your AdSense account.
- You will receive a confirmation email once the shorts bonus is successfully claimed.
- If you haven’t received money before from an AdSense account you will need to add your payment details there to get your claimed shorts bonus.
- You must claim the money before the 25th of the month you received the email.
- If you fail to do so, you will miss out on the money you so painstakingly won.
- As the claim will expire on the 25th.
- A creator needs to do this every time their channel is shortlisted for the bonus claim.
- They will receive the email from YouTube and they have to claim the reward every time.
- If you didn’t qualify for the YouTube Monetization Update this month, don’t lose heart as the eligibility refreshes every month.
- So you still have the opportunity to win the coveted shorts fund bonus.
- Just keep creating quality shorts videos for YouTube, that’s what YouTube eventually wants!
When will you receive the YouTube Shorts Fund Bonus?
If you have claimed your shorts bonus within the required time frame, you will receive the money between the 21st -26th of the next month.
How many minimum views do you need to win the YouTube Shorts bonus?
YouTube has not specified a number yet. But if your shorts video is trending then you are more likely to win the bonus.
Why create Shorts on YouTube?
- YouTube is no longer just a video-streaming platform, it is a viable source for creators to build their brand and earn money now.
- With the latest YouTube Shorts Fund Monetization Update which announced the shorts bonus fund, YouTube has encouraged creators to embrace the fairly new feature of YouTube shorts.
- Make the most of this golden opportunity, Invest your time and efforts in creating YT shorts as it’s the hot new feature.
- We have learnt from experience that the algorithms love it when you use the newest features. It will help boost your channel and how can you ignore the 100M$ fund that’s just a viral short video away from your grasp.
What are you waiting for?
Start creating YouTube Shorts!