Are you wondering how to turn on comments on YouTube videos? Were you also aware that you cannot change comment settings when a channel’s audience is set as made for kids? The comments added on a kid’s channel are usually permanently deleted within 30 days.
To allow comments on a video that’s not publicly available, you can quickly post an unlisted video instead. So, without wasting time, let’s learn how to turn on comments on YouTube videos.
Table of Contents
Steps On How To Turn On Comments On YouTube
You can actually change comment settings for a video from the content page, which makes things so easy!
The bulk edits option is also available to change the comments settings at once. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Sign in to your YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, tap Content.
- Select the video’s thumbnail.
- Tap the More options tab.
- Go to Comments and tap on Allow all comments.
Thats it! If you’re thinking about how to enable comments on YouTube, all at once this is the way to do it using your phone.
To disable all the comments at once from your desktop, follow these steps:
- Open YouTube Studio on desktop.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Community.
- Now click on the Defaults tab.
- Go to Comments under your channel and click on Allow all comments.
Further in the article, we will also direct you to simple ways to turn off comments on YouTube. You can also find highlighted comments too!
Do you feel that the above steps on how to turn on comments on YouTube were super efficient?
Steps On How To Turn Off Comments On YouTube
Wondering how to disable comments on YouTube? Follow these steps to turn your YouTube comments off using your mobile phone.
- Go to YouTube Studio app
- Now tap on Content
- Tap on the video’s thumbnail
- Select the pencil icon, available at the top of the screen
- From the menu that appears, click on More options
- Under the “Comments” section, tap on Disable.
After knowing how to turn on comments on YouTube, it is essential that you also know how to disable comments on YouTube, as many users can be annoyed. Some users might leave negative or hate comments that might disturb your YouTube community. To end their nuisance, you can simply disable comments.
Why Turn Off Your Comments On YouTube?
The reason to enable comments on YouTube is interacting with your audience in the comments section can help you build a community and, as a result, expand your channel more quickly. As a result, understanding how to enable comments on YouTube videos is critical. However, if you want to keep yourself away from hate or negative comments, you can switch them off.
Viewer comments can be a terrific method to learn more about your audience. You obtain insight into what people think about your videos and what topics they want to learn more about.
We hope that we have cleared all your doubts on how to turn on comments on YouTube videos. You can also check out our service for YouTube promotion services If you are interested.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Why Can’t I See Comments On YouTube?
The major reason why you can not see your comment on YouTube is because of the internet browser’s cache. Try clearing them out!
Q.2 How can I enable comments on YouTube?
Tap the video you’d want to deactivate or enable comments for. At the top of the screen, tap the pencil symbol. Next, go to the Advanced Settings tab by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Swipe down until you reach the comments option, where you may enable or disable comments for the video.
Q.3 How do I unblock comments on YouTube?
If you wish to unblock comments, follow the below steps:
- Sign in to your YouTube account
- Select Settings > Community
- Select Remove next to the comment you would like to allow them to comment.
Q.4 How Do I Moderate Comments On My YouTube Videos?
Over the years, YouTube has been proactive about sensitive comments on YT videos. There are two ways to moderate comments on your YouTube videos:
- One way to block specific words – Open YT studio > Settings > Community > Automated Filters > Block words > Save
- Second is to hold potentially inappropriate comments for review – Open YT studio > Settings > Community > Default > Hold inappropriate comment for review > Save.
These methods will improve the level of protection on your YT videos.
Q.5 Can I Turn On Comments For A Playlist On YouTube?
Currently, there is no way to enable comments on YT playlists. However, you can edit the video comment settings by moderating and filtering comments.
Q.6 Can I Allow Only Certain People To Comment On My Video?
You have the option to limit users from commenting on your videos.
- The first option is to hide the user from the channel. To hide users, find the channel’s URL you wish to block >go to YouTube Studio> tap on settings> go to community> paste the URL in the hidden user box and save the settings.
- The second option is blocking certain words or holding potentially inappropriate comments on YouTube.
Any modifications you make to the comment settings will be applied to all videos.
Q.7 How Do I Report Inappropriate Comments On My YT Video?
YouTube takes offensive and inappropriate comments very seriously, and the comment will be taken down immediately once reported. Next, we will guide you through the steps to report inappropriate comments on your YouTube video:
- Sign in to your YouTube and head toward the video with the comment you want to report.
- Tap on the dotted vertical line next to the comment, and select the report
- You also can hide the user from your channel so that the individual’s comment will never appear on your channel.
Q.8 Can I Set Up Automatic Filters To Block Certain Types Of Comments On My YouTube Videos?
Yes, you can filter and moderate comments on your YT videos. In addition, you can block specific words through the settings. Once you disable spammy words, even the synonyms will be blocked and reviewed by YouTube.
- Open YouTube Studio
- Go to settings
- Tap on community
- From the Automated Filter tab, select block words
- Add the words or phrases
- Tap on save.
Q.9 Why Are Some Comments Held For Review On My YouTube Videos?
Depending on your comment settings, YT will review the spam comments. If you have filtered the comments and chose to hold potentially inappropriate comments for review, then those comments will be reviewed by YouTube in 60 days.