What are YouTube shorts? YouTube shorts are videos of 60 seconds and can be shot on the phone. In this blog, we will be discussing the windows software to edit YouTube shorts.
YouTube has been entertaining and upgrading since 2005. It has constantly introduced new features and elements to entertain the audience. It’s the best video-sharing platform to date! YouTube raised a fund of $100 million for shorts. The shorts which receive the maximum number of views and engagement will be rewarded by YouTube. Its beta version was launched in India in September 2020 and on March 18 in the United States. The number of users creating shorts has tripled since December.
Top 6 Windows Software to make YouTube shorts
Here is a list of the best video editing software for Windows 10. You can use them to create YouTube shorts or even a complete YouTube video with minimum efforts.
- Available for Windows and Mac
- Lets you add and extract music
- Supports HD quality exports
- Pros: Allows you to crop, trim, cut, split, and combine videos
- Cons: The video carries a watermark post exporting
- It supports various file types like AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF
- Pros: It has a user-friendly interface
- Cons: Does not have video effects and transitions
OpenShot Video Editor
- Let’s do basic editing trimming and slicing. You can also add a lot of effects and transitions.
- Pros: Audio editing is also available and has more than 70 languages.
- Cons: Forces you to install add-ons if the operating system doesn’t meet the support software requirements.
VideoPad Video Editor
- Has more than 50 transition features and effects, also lets you adjust speed.
- Pros: You can make slow-motion videos or add fast speed. It allows you to record videos which is a plus point for gamers.
- Cons: Some features are unavailable if you use the free version for a long time.
VSDC Video Editor
- It easily handles all media files
- Pros: You can place the video clips anywhere in your video. VSDC video editor allows you to export your videos to YouTube, Facebook and Instagram!
- Cons: Editing 4K and HD videos is not available in the free version
- It allows you to edit 4K movies and YouTube videos. You can use a proxy for editing 4K videos
- Pros: You can edit around 256 videos, still image, and audios
- Cons: The user interface is very technical and difficult to operate. The pro version costs $25.
You can make YouTube videos on your phone and use this windows software to edit and upload your videos. YouTube will be rewarding from 2022 creators who have successfully engaged with the audience. You can also use ClipChamp, Kapwing to edit your videos without watermarks. Also, read the steps to create YouTube shorts.