Do you want the YouTube fan funding title? If you are a YouTuber, we know you want to earn money, but how? A lot of content creators are turning towards Patreon for money. So how is fan funding on YouTube different from Patreon? Let’s learn what YouTube fan funding is and how does it work?
What is YouTube Fan Funding?
YouTube Fan Funding was introduced in September 2014. Fan Funding isn’t something that YouTube just came up with out of the blue, though: it was actually a response to creators using platforms like PayPal donations and Patreon in order to fund the creation of their free content. Now, let’s learn what are the criteria to get the YouTube fan funding title.
What are the eligibility criteria for Fan Funding YouTube?
- If you are a resident of Australia, Japan, Mexico, or the United States only then you will be eligible for fan funding on YouTube.
- Also, to get the YouTube fan funding title, your YouTube account should be in good standing.
- To be eligible for monetization on YT you need to be a part of the YouTube Partnership Program (YPP).
- Verify your YT account with your phone number.
- You will be eligible for Fan Funding if you are a part of a Multi-Channel Network (MCN).
- Approve and Verify your AdSense account. Also, link it to your YouTube account.
How to enable YouTube Fan Funding Title?
1. Sign in to the YouTube account.
2. Click your profile icon on the top right corner. Now, click “Creator Studio.”
3. Click on “Channel” on the left. Then select “Status and features.”
4. Look for Fan Funding in the features list and click “Enable.”
5. If the enable button is not available, that means your YT channel does not meet the eligibility requirements.
6. Read the instructions on-page and accept the YT Fan Funding Agreement.
7. On the left, click “Community”, then “Fan Funding.”
Follow the on-page instructions to link your channel to a Google Payments Merchant account. You must already have or create a Google Payments Merchant account before you set up the Fan Funding feature. This account will receive all the Fan Funding payments.
Now that you know what YouTube fan funding is, let’s get you started so that you can now earn money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a tip jar on YouTube?
Yes, ‘Super thanks’ is a virtual tip jar where viewers can donate money to their favorite creators
How do I receive YouTube donations?
You need to set up a YouTube Giving fundraiser. If you have added the start date on the fundraiser, the donate button will appear on your watch page or live chat. If you are fundraising on a live stream and also have turned on the live chat, you will see the donate button in the chat on mobile.
How do I start a donation page on YouTube?
Enter your YouTube ID and merchant key on the Google Checkout Options page. You will have to choose donation amounts. Once you have completed these steps, a donation button will appear on the public profile homepage of your YouTube channel including on all your video pages.
What is a super thanks YouTube?
Super Thanks is another source to earn revenue and connect with viewers who want to show extra gratitude for their content creators.