You must know how to make a secondary YouTube channel to find a new audience and expand your interests. For instance, if you have a gaming channel, you might want to create another channel focusing only on reviewing games.
You don’t have to worry about setting up and managing different YouTube channels, as the process is simple.
How To Create A Secondary YouTube Channel?
Earlier, if you had to set up a different channel, you had to create a new Gmail account. But that’s no longer the case. You can now make a secondary YouTube channel using the same email ID. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open YouTube and sign in to your account.
2. Click on the profile icon in the right corner.
3. Scroll down and select settings.
4. Select the account option on the left.
5. Now, click Add or Manage your channel.
6. Since you want to make a secondary YouTube channel, click on Create a channel.
7. Once you add your channel name, tap Create.
Steps To Make A Secondary YT Channel (iOS & Android)
You can only switch to different YT channels using the YT app on your phone. But you can first make a YouTube secondary channel on the desktop and then manage your different YT accounts using the app.
1. Open the YouTube app on your iOS and Android device.
2. Tap on your profile picture in the right corner.
3. To create a secondary account, you need to tap on the plus icon.
4. Now, you can enter the email ID and password if you already have one, or you have to create a new Google account.
Should You Have Multiple YouTube Channels?
Yes, it is entirely okay to make a second YouTube channel or have multiple YT channels. It will only help you be more specific about the interests and content you want to cover. An additional YouTube channel will help you stay more organized, as well as assist you in finding and attracting viewers who may be a good fit for your content’s targeted demographic.
If you are still contemplating how do I make a second YouTube channel, then let us remind you that it is one of the best ways to keep your professional and private life separate. Separate channels will allow you to upload daily vlogs and personal updates on your private channel while tracking your business on the other one.
How To Manage Multiple YouTube Channels?
Once you get the hang of how to create a second YouTube channel, it is time to manage multiple accounts with the following tips and tricks.
- Organize all your content in a content calendar. It will ensure consistency across all accounts without confusion and hassles. The tracking of all posts will be well organized.
- Include social media management tools to boost your performance to efficiently manage your channels. You must also use analytical tools to track your video’s performance.
- To make work more manageable, you must outsource and delegate work whenever required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I create a second YouTube channel on the same account?
Yes, you can now create a second YT channel on the same account. You do not have to make a brand new Gmail account.
When should I create a second YouTube channel?
You should create a second YouTube channel to reach more viewers and increase your channel’s visibility.
Why do big YouTubers make second channels?
Most YouTubers make second channels when they want to post content in different niches and reach different audiences.
Can I upload the same video on the two different YouTube channels?
Even if you own both the YT channels, you won’t be able to upload the same video on both channels. If you do so, the YouTube algorithm will flag the video.