Are you aware of the YouTube new policy that was introduced for YouTube creators? If you are a YouTuber, you might be knowing about YouTube monetization. According to the YouTube new policy, you need to be a part of the YouTube Partner Program to earn money as a YouTube creator. Here are some recent updates that you need to know in 2022.
What is YouTube Partner Program?
YouTube updated its Terms of Service that became effective in all the countries on June 1st this year except for the United States. As a result, the YPP was applicable in the US in November 2020.
According to the new YouTube policy, you need to be a part of the YouTube Partner Program to earn money from YouTube. This is a partner program, where YouTube will provide a platform for the YouTube creators to create content to maintain an audience and earn profit. As a result, YouTube will be sharing its profit with YouTube creators.
Before you apply for YPP, you need to check if you are meeting these new criteria that YouTube has set:
- You need to have a 2-step verification for your Google account.
- The YouTube channel should have a minimum of 1000 subscribers with 4000 hours of the watch in the past 12 months.
- Once you are eligible for YPP, you need to sign the terms and conditions
- Create an AdSense account
Your account will be under review after signing YouTube Partner Program.
If your account is accepted, you will be eligible to earn revenue from the ad campaigns.
Also, you can re-apply after 30 days if YT rejects your request for YPP.
Is the YouTube new policy in favor of the YouTube content creators?
As per the YPP, YT possesses the right to insert ads on any YouTube videos of its choice. Therefore, if you are a content creator and YouTube and are not a part of the YPP, you will not receive any revenue generated from the ads played over your videos.
This new YouTube policy will mainly help affect those YouTube creators who are not a part of the YPP. It will interrupt your users’ attention on your YouTube videos, and you will not be able to receive any monetary benefits!
Here are some of the limitations for the content creators who are not a part of the YouTube Partner Program:
- As a content creator, even if you are not a part of the YPP, YouTube will be displaying ads over your YouTube video.
- YouTube has specified that it will not share any revenue with the YouTubers who are not a part of the partner program.
- Also, if you are not a part of the partner program, YouTube will charge a fee to your users to access your YouTube channel.
- All the payments from YouTube will be treated as royalties from the United States perspective. If required by law, Google will withhold taxes from the payments.
Avoid these if you want to be a part of the YouTube monetization:
- YouTube will remove your content if you violate its policies. For example, YouTube has taken away the YouTube monetization rights from Onision, one of the famous YouTubers, since he posted videos against YouTube’s terms and policies. He was threatening his girlfriend in his videos.
- Do not spread harmful or misinformation.
- As you know, YouTube is very particular about its copyright policy. Therefore you need to post content that is copyright-free and unique.
So YouTubers, if you think you can post any content to earn YouTube monetization, you are wrong. Once you become a part of the YouTube Partner Program and violate YouTube New policy, YT can abort your YouTube channel from earning money. In addition, they can restrict your YouTube video or your YouTube channel if you violate its policies.