Are you wondering why you keep signing out of YouTube often? Imagine watching a video on how to bake a cake, and as you bake one, you get signed out continuously! Isn’t that irritating? Well, we are here to solve the common ‘Why does YouTube keep signing me out’ error!
Ways To Fix ‘Why Does YouTube Keep Signing Me Out’ Error
Disable Browser Extensions
The extensions that you use on your browser might be one of the reasons that keep you signing out of YouTube. Follow these steps to disable your browser extensions.
1. On the right corner of Google Chrome, click on the ‘three vertical dots.’
2. Select ‘More tools’
3. Now click on Extensions
4. Now disable the browser extensions that you find suspicious to prevent signing out from YouTube often.
If you are unsure of which browser extension to disable, try disabling every browser extension one by one and check if YouTube logging me out error is solved.
Log Out And Log In Back On YouTube
This is another common way to fix the issue of YouTube signing out often. Try logging out of YouTube first. Follow these steps to logout:
1. On the upper right corner, click on the Avatar icon.
2. Click on ‘Sign out.‘
To login again, follow these steps:
1. Search ‘YouTube log in’ in your browser or simply go to YouTube.com
2. Enter your Email ID and password.
3. Click on ‘next.’
You can also try to change your Google account password since there is a possibility that someone else has access to your YouTube account. If this is true, the platform might notice some suspicious behavior on your account, and hence you keep signing out of YouTube often.
You might be getting signed out if you are using an old version of the YouTube app or the desktop version. Go to the play store and update to the latest version of the app.
For Android Devices:
1. Launch your app’s menu and open Play Store.
2. Type YouTube in the search bar. You can also tap your profile picture and select ‘My apps and games.’
3. Scroll down till you find YT. Look for the ‘Update‘ button and tap it.
For iOS Devices:
1. Launch the app store on your iPhone and tap the profile picture.
2. Swipe down to view the list of pending updates.
3. Locate YouTube and tap the update button next to it.
For Xbox consoles:
1. Press the centre button to locate the game menu. Select ‘My games and apps.’
2. Look for YouTube in the list and click the menu button.
3. From the options available, select ‘Uninstall.‘ Confirm to complete the process.
4. Once uninstalled, you can find the app in the store and reinstall it.
Now your problem of signing out of YouTube should be solved.
Clear Your Browser’s Cookies And Cache
Cookies and temporary files might clog your cache memory which causes you signing out of YouTube often. Follow these steps to clear the cache from your browser:
1) Go to ‘Settings.’
2) On the left side, click ‘Privacy and security.‘
3) Click on ‘Clear browsing data.‘
Execute the steps below to clear cookies:
1) Go to your Chrome ‘Settings’
2) On the left side, ‘Privacy and security.‘
3) Click on ‘Cookies and other site data.‘
4) Select ‘see all cookies and site data.‘
5) Click on ‘Remove all.’
Congratulations! You have now solved the persistent error of ‘YouTube keeps signing me out.’
1. Open Chrome browser and go to ‘Settings.‘
2. Select ‘Privacy and security.‘
3. Click on ‘Site settings.‘
Check for Malware and other viruses
Malware or another virus on your devices might be one of the reasons why you get logged out of YouTube.
Run anti-virus software on your device and restart your browser.
We hope this article has solved your ‘Why do I keep signing out of YouTube?’ query. You can also try the same steps if you keep logging out of YouTube on Xbox. If you are a gamer and stream games on YouTube, you should try streaming games from PS4 if you have one! Also, if you already have a PS4 and receiving the PS4 Youtube Error NP-37602-8, learn how you can fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How Do I Stop Signing Out Of YouTube Often?
Q2. Why Can’t I Sign In to My YouTube Account?
Ans. You need to make sure that you are using the latest version of the app. If the problem still prevails then you can simply uninstall and reinstall the app.
Q3. Is it better to use YouTube signed out?
Ans. If you do not want to keep track of your history on YouTube, then it is better to use YouTube without signing in. Also, you can use the incognito mode if you do not want to keep track of your browsing history.
Q4. Why does my YouTube keep crashing?
Ans. YouTube keeps releasing updates. So if your app does not have the latest version, then your app must be having bugs that are causing the app crash. Therefore, you need to check for the latest updates on your app store or play store.