Are you wondering how you can create content that is advertiser-friendly? YouTube has a set of guidelines that can help you do. Youtube was launched in 2005 and has been updating its terms and conditions for the betterment of its artists and content creators. YouTube is the best video-sharing platform and the second largest search engine. You will find solutions to almost all your difficulties.
Today In this blog, we will look at the different guidelines that will help you create Advertiser-friendly content guidelines. If you’re a content creator on YouTube you will be aware of the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). This policy will be applicable from 1st June outside the United States and will affect all the content creators who aren’t a part of YPP. There are over 10 different topics you must avoid at all costs to avoid any kind of violations in terms of YouTube ad’s guidelines.
Topics To Avoid While Creating Advertiser-Friendly Content
Source: Creator Insider
- Inappropriate language: Videos that contain vulgar language will not be appropriate for advertising.
- Violence: If the content focuses on any violence, an injury without any context will not be accepted for advertising. But if the violence is shown on the basis of any news, educational content, artistry, or documentary context, then mentioning the context is important.
- Adult content: Highly sexual content does not comply with YouTube ad-free guidelines but they have made an exception for videos that fall under music genre and educational content.
- Shocking content: Videos that hurt the sentiments, shock, or upset the audience will not be eligible for advertising.
- Harmful or dangerous acts: Acts that promote harmful or dangerous content emotionally, and psychologically are against the guidelines.
- Hateful & derogatory content: Promoting hatred or discriminating against a group or individual is ineligible. Humorous and comedy content is exempted from the ad policy.
- Recreational drugs and drug-related content: Promoting any drug-related content is against the terms and conditions of the terms and conditions of the ad for YouTube.
- Firearms-related content: Use of real or fake firearms for sale, or misusing firearms for any activity is not applicable for ads on YouTube.
- Tobacco-related content: Videos that promote Tobacco or tobacco-related products are not applicable for advertising according to the terms and policies.
- Adult themes in family content: Videos that can be viewed by an entire audience but have adult content are not covered under the advertising policy. Even though the content is comical or full of humor, YouTube does not entertain adult humor for the general audience and hence it is not covered in the terms and policies.
Some other contents that are not applicable in the advertising policy are:
- Controversial issues
- Sensitive events
- Incendiary and demeaning
Now you are aware of what things to avoid if you are making a video on YouTube. If you keep these points in mind it will be beneficial for you in long run. Some YouTubers get their videos demonetized because they do not follow these guidelines. But if you feel that your video was wrongly demonetized follow these guidelines.