If you find your comments cringy on videos when you reread them after specific years, don’t worry, you have the option to delete them from the video. But for that, you need to know how to see YouTube comment history.
Remembering each comment you have left is impossible. However, you can still see YouTube comment history on mobile to recall them. This blog will walk you through the complete guide on seeing and deleting the YT comment history so you don’t feel cringy anymore.
Table of Contents
How To See YouTube Comment History And Delete It? (Desktop)
You might want to delete comments that you think are no longer relevant, offensive, rude, or disrespectful. You can manage your comments using your desktop version of YouTube. Here’s how to see comment history on youtube.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Click on the hamburger icon.
- Choose the history option.
- Choose comments.
This is the quick way to see your YT history. However, if you are still unsure about the process, the following are the steps with images.
1. Sign up for your YouTube account
First, you need to open your web version of YouTube and sign up with your Google account.
2. Navigate to comment history
Click on the History option on the left panel. Click on the dropdown at the top left if you can’t see the left panel on the screen.
3. See and delete comments history
On the right side of the screen, click on the comments section to see your comment history. All comments will appear on the screen.
- Now to delete the comment history on YouTube Mobile, click on the video link.
- You will see your comment as a highlighted one. Hover to the comment and click on the three dots icon.
- Choose the delete option. A pop will ask you to give confirmation about your decision. Click on the delete option again.
How To Check YouTube Comment History And Delete It? (iOS & Android)
For iOS and Android users, seeing and deleting YouTube comment history mobile is similar. You must use the browser to manage your YT comments on your phone, as the mobile application doesn’t have the history feature. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the browser and search for Google my activity page for YouTube comments, and sign up for your account.
2. Ensure to tap on the cancel option if you get the prompt asking you to open the application. Tap on the comment you want to delete.
3. Tap on the three dots icon at the top right corner and choose the delete option.
YouTube provides you with a feature called history that lets you see your comments from years. Now you also know how to see YouTube comment history on mobile and desktop; delete your old comments in a second.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is comment history?
Comment history has the list of comments you have left on the videos since you joined YouTube. Whenever you want to watch the videos you once liked, comment history is the best way to scour them.
Q2. Can I bulk delete my YouTube comments history on mobile?
Unfortunately, YouTube has no feature that can delete multiple comments in one go. If you want to remove each comment you have ever left, you need to do it manually, one at a time.
Q3. Can you see a YouTube user’s comment history?
YouTube only allows you to see your comment history. But you can view YouTuber’s history if you can access their account.
Q4. Can I turn off comments on YouTube?
Disabling comments on YouTube restricts viewers from leaving comments on your videos. To increase engagement, you must let people comment on your video. But if the time comes when you no longer want people to leave their views under your video, the following are the steps to turn off and on the comment.
- Open YouTube and navigate to your videos.
- Go to settings.
- Click on the defaults under community.
- Disable comments.