You might have subscribed to many channels on YT, which now you might not be interested in. Well, in this case, you must simply know how to unsubscribe YouTube channel. Once you do so, their content won’t be visible on your homepage, and you won’t be notified new video has been uploaded.
If you’re sure you do not want to see some content, then here’s a step-by-step guide on how to unsubscribe YouTube channel.
How Do You Unsubscribe On YouTube? (iOS & Android)
The steps to unsubscribe on the YT app for Android and iOS devices are the same. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open the YouTube app on your phone and sign in to your account.
2. Tap on the subscriptions option.
3. You’ll see some channels that you have subscribed to. Tap on all to view all the channels that you have subscribed to.
4. Once the entire list of the subscribed channels is visible, you need to tap on the bell icon beside the channel that you want to unsubscribe to.
5. Select unsubscribe from the options. Once you do so, you no longer will be subscribed to that channel.
How To Unsubscribe From A YouTube Channel? (Desktop)
Here’s how you can get rid of content that you do not want to watch:
1. Open YouTube on your desktop and sign in to your account.
2. Click on the menu bar, so all the options will be visible.
3. Under Subscriptions, there’s a list of all the channels that you have subscribed to.
4. You must click on the channel that you want to unsubscribe.
5. Now, click on the subscribed drop-down that appears beside the name of the channel.
6. Select unsubscribe from the list.
7. Finally, to confirm, you must click unsubscribe again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why can’t I unsubscribe from the YouTube channel?
There might be a glitch on YT, which is why you can’t unsubscribe from the channel. Here’s what you can do in this case:
- Update to the latest version of the YT app.
- Reinstall the app.
- Clear the cache.
Q2. What will happen if I unsubscribe from a YouTube channel?
Once you unsubscribe from a particular YT channel, then you won’t receive any further notifications.
Q3. Will the person know if I unsubscribe from a YouTube channel?
YouTube does not notify the YouTuber whenever you unsubscribe from their YT channel.
Q4. How can I quickly unsubscribe to YouTube channels?
Here’s how you can unsubscribe to multiple YouTube channels:
- Open youtube.com on your desktop.
- If you want to unsubscribe multiple channels at a time, you must add /feed/channels/ in the link. (https://www.youtube.com/feed/channels)
- You’ll now see the list of channels that you have subscribed to.
- Now, you need to click on the subscribed option and select unsubscribe from the drop-down.
Since you know how to unsubscribe YouTube channel, you can get rid of content that you aren’t interested in watching. If you still see content that violates YT’s community guidelines, then you can report the video.