Do you know how to get verified on Twitter? Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms and is quite significant! This platform is influential whether you want to pass a statement or spread the word. If you are wondering how to get a blue check on Twitter, let’s find the requirements and the steps to get verified on Twitter.
How To Get Verified On Twitter: Requirements
How do you get verified on Twitter: Be active
- You must have a profile name and profile photo
- The Twitter account must be public and logged in the past six months at the time of the application.
- It should have an email address or a phone number.
- Your Twitter account must not have a 12 hour or 7-day lockout for violating the terms and policies of Twitter. Suppose if you have had a lockout and made an appeal to Twitter and it is successful, it is excluded.
How to verify Twitter account: It Needs to be notable
Below is the list of categories that are required if you want to get a blue check on Twitter:
- News organizations and individuals in the news
- Companies, brands, and organizations
- Sports and gaming
- Activists and organizers
- Content creators and other influential individuals
If you want to know how to become verified on Twitter, you need to provide the below validations:
- Provide news coverage or multiple articles about you or your organization. These articles cannot be blogs or self-written content. Also, sometimes you need to add the link or the organization’s Twitter account that you are referring to!
- Add the profile link on Google Trends that depicts search history and is also linked to the category you are applying in.
- Wikipedia article about you or your organization is also acceptable, but that should meet the encyclopedia’s standard.
- Depending upon the category you are applying to, you can support your application with certain websites. For instance, if you belong to the entertainment industry, you can add a reference link from IMDB.
- Also, if your account is detected to be at the top .05% of followers or mentions court of your geographical region, then this can be counted as notable evidence.
Twitter also uses other internal signals to test the authenticity of your account that including the followers’ engagement on your account. In addition, Twitter will access the third-party sites that you submit in the application.
How to become verified on Twitter: Authentic
- Provide the link to an official website that refers you or your organization. Also, if you are an individual, the organization link you are providing should be verified on Twitter.
- For individuals, you need to provide a valid government official document like a driver’s license or passport. Also, this does not apply to organizations and brands.
- The official email address you will provide plays a vital role in your application. The domain of the email address should be relevant to the notable category. If it is an individual account, the organization domain should have a blue check on Twitter!
Steps on How To Get A Blue Check on Twitter
If you want to know how to verify Twitter account then follow these steps
1. Make sure your profile meets Twitter’s activity standards.
2. On the web version, click on “More” on the left
3. Select “Settings and privacy”
4. Choose “Your Account”
5. Tap on “Account Information”
6. Scroll down to “Verified” and click on “Request Verification”
7. A popup will appear on your screen that will tell you more about Twitter verification. You have to click “Start Now.”
8. Select the right category to tell Twitter about you.
9. As discussed above you have to provide proof that you’ve selected the correct category (e.g., official website, articles about you, etc.).
10. Verifying your identity is vital. Hence provide an official email address, website, or government-issued ID.
11. Finally, tap “submit” and wait for Twitter to get back to you!
Now that you know how to get verified on Twitter, go ahead and follow these requirements and steps to get the blue check on your Twitter account! Read the latest tricks and tips to get followers on Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do you get a verified account on Twitter?
Follow these steps to get a verified account on Twitter:
- On the web version, click on “More” on the left
- Select “Settings and privacy”
- Choose “Your Account”
- Tap on “Account Information”
- Scroll down to “Verified” and click on “Request Verification”
- Choose the category that you belong to and submit the necessary proofs.
Q2. How many Twitter followers do you need to be verified?
Ans. There is no number of followers that you need to verify your account. But there are other requirements that your account needs to have to get verified on Twitter.
Q3. Do you get paid to be verified on Twitter?
Ans. No, Twitter does not pay anyone to get verified.
Q4. Does it cost money to get verified on Twitter?
Ans. No, it does not cost anything to get verified on Twitter. It’s free of cost but you need to fulfill the requirements to get the blue check on Twitter.