Is your Xbox X series controller not connecting to the console or PC. We have got some tips for you. Many people like playing online games. So, if a user has a connectivity or synchronization problem, we realize how inconvenient it is. So, we are here to discuss the solutions if your Xbox X Series controller not connecting.
How To Fix Xbox Series X Controller Not Connecting to Console
Let us first see if the controller won’t connect to the console. Then, you can try the following ways:
- Double-check that both your devices, i.e., the Xbox and the controller, are paired with each other.
- If this doesn’t work, try restarting your console. First, however, make sure there’s clear access to your Xbox. While the controller ranges 6-9 meters, being closer to the console is preferable. Microsoft also suggests orienting the Xbox so that the front of the console faces the controller.
- Another thing you have to do is make sure that there are no potential hindrances between the console and the controller.
- If it does not solve the issue, you must further check the batteries. First, check the battery levels if there is any low battery indication.
- The wireless controller can also work with a USB cable to eliminate connectivity issues. However, if the controller works fine with the help of the USB and not wirelessly, you need to update the controller. First, manually check any firmware update available on the controller. Then, download the update and restart the console again.
How To Fix Xbox Series X Controller Not Connecting to PC
We have discussed and shown you easy solutions if the controller does not sync or connect to the console. Moving on, we will discuss steps to connect the controller to the PC.
- Firstly, if you want the connection to be smooth, the PC’s software should be updated.
- Next, look at what version of Windows laptop or PC you are using to play games on Xbox.
- Therefore, if you are using a Windows 7 or 8 PC, connect the controller with a USB cable to the PC to download the latest drivers and software to ensure the Xbox Series X controller works fine.
- And if you are using Windows 10 Laptop or PC, you have an option to connect via USB, Bluetooth, and Wireless Xbox.
- And if none of it works, maybe the controller needs to be changed. Also, check if it is under warranty so that you can get it replaced.
We have given you tips on two methods. First, to connect the controller to the PC and Console. These were the following ways the Xbox Series X Controller not connecting problem can be resolved.
The Xbox Vault: The Rock And Netflix Reveal For 20th Anniversary (December 2021)
How To Enable Game Streaming On Xbox One?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Why is my Xbox One X controller flashing and not connecting?
Answer: If the Xbox button on your controller blinks or flashes, it means your controller isn’t linked with a console. If this doesn’t work, restart your console. To entirely turn off your system, press and hold the power button on the front for 10 seconds.
Q.2 Why did my Xbox series X controller stop working?
Answer: Any technical issue can be solved by restarting the device. If that does not work, check for software or low battery problems.
Q.3 Why does my Xbox controller turn on but not connect?
Answer: It could be possible due to low batteries. Connect it to a charging cable, and it can connect automatically. Also, do not place any heavy objects between the controller; it may cause connectivity issues.
Q.4 Why won’t my Xbox controller stay on with new batteries?
Answer: If you have recently changed the batteries and facing this issue, it may be time to check the firmware update, keep the controller in a range of 6-9 meters, and lastly, do not connect too many devices to your gaming console.