If your business or brand isn’t using YouTube Marketing in 2021, you are losing out on a platform that can give you more than you could ever imagine. YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine; imagine appearing on the first page of its search results. Users today prefer videos over text; YouTube gives you a platform to share your brand message and opens you up to a global audience.
And yet, if your brand isn’t on YouTube, it’s high time you set up a YouTube channel and join the rest of the world. Marketers today use YouTube as a marketing weapon as they should. If you are still not convinced about “Why YouTube matters for Business,” read this blog.
Now let’s look at this YouTube marketing strategy for businesses that will help you get started. Read till the end to ace at marketing.
How to create a killer YouTube marketing strategy
Create a YouTube business channel
If you’ve already created a YouTube channel, you can turn your regular YT channel into a business account quickly with this detailed step-by-step guide. Are you wondering why you should have a business account? Here are the benefits of using a YouTube Business account:
A YouTube Business account:
- Helps keep your personal information and your account secure.
- Has multiple managers to manage the account.
- Lets you customize your channel’s URL and gives access to additional features.
- Has access to other data from YouTube Analytics.
Know your audience
If you are using YouTube marketing for business, you need to know who your audience is no matter what. As a marketer, first know a few YouTube demographic stats:
- YouTube has more than 2 billion users globally.
- YouTube has almost the same percentage of male and female users on their platform in the US.
- More than 3000 hours of new video content is uploaded on YouTube every hour.
- 70% of YouTube’s watch time is on smartphones.
To get information and data specific to your YouTube channel and your audience, use YouTube Analytics and learn how to use it here. You can use this data to bring in more subscribers and boost your channel. You can learn more about your audience through the comments section of your videos and the Community Tab.
Understand your competitors
A great YouTube marketing plan start with competitive analysis. There are thousands of brands and creators on the platform, which means you need to run up this competitive hill fast. Start with conducting an audit of all your competitors.
- Create a list of competitors by using Google’s Keyword Planner and narrowing down brands ranking on similar keywords.
- Use their subscriber count as a benchmark for your brand.
- Observe their audience’s behavior, use what the competitor lacks to your advantage.
- List down the keywords they use in their titles and descriptions.
- Conduct SWOT analysis to cover all areas.
Optimize your videos and channel
YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine which means SEO plays a crucial role. The YouTube algorithm looks at many factors while ranking a video. And you surely want to be on its radar, as it plays a huge role in recommending your videos to users and getting more views on your videos.
Here a few SEO factors that will help you rank your YouTube videos:
- Strong keyword-rich title and description
- Attractive YouTube thumbnails
- End screens, card, and tags
- Call-to-action buttons
Learn about the “5 Best YouTube SEO Tools To Maximize Organic Traffic” through your detailed guide.
Schedule your YouTube videos
One of the most understated YouTube marketing tips is following a strict upload schedule. Consistency in uploading videos on your channel keeps your audience waiting for more content from your brand. It builds a sense of trust in your brand and tells users you are reliable.
If you are a forgetful creator, you can use scheduling tools to help upload your videos at a given time. To know more about how you can get more views by using a strict schedule. Use the pointers mentioned in the blog to bring more subscribers to your channel. YouTube Marketing plays an important role for Video Advertising.