Every video you watch on YouTube gets saved in the watch history. The platform uses your watch history feature to recommend you videos. So basically, whatever you get recommended on YouTube is based on the videos you have watched before. So if things you used to watch don’t entertain you anymore and you want new video recommendations, you must know how to clear watch history on YouTube.
How To Clear YouTube Watch History On Your Phone?
If you don’t like what you are watching on YouTube, you can also dislike the video. YouTube will understand that such videos are out of your interest and will stop sending you. But for now, let’s see the steps to clear YouTube watch history.
1. Open the YouTube application, and go to the library at the right bottom.
2. Tap on the view all option at the top right corner, and tap on the three dots icon.
3. Now select the “clear all watch history” option.
4. Give the confirmation of the step that you really want to delete, and click on clear watch history.
How To Delete YouTube Watch History? (Desktop)
Deleting YouTube watch history can also be a little frustrating. Because once you clear the history, YouTube won’t know what kind of videos you watch and what to recommend to you. Here’s how you can clear your YouTube watch history.
1. Search YouTube.com on your Chrome/Safari.
2. Now, click on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner.
3. Choose the history option out of all other options.
4. You will get certain options on the right of the screen. Select the clear all watch history.
5. You will be asked to confirm your step to clear your watch history on YouTube. So give confirmation, and your history will be deleted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How To Avoid Having To Delete YouTube Watch History?
If you are sick of deleting YouTube watch history every time, you can simply make a habit of using the application in incognito mode. The mode will not save your watch history along with the search.
Q2. Why You Should Delete Your YouTube Watch History?
Deleting YT watch history can really help you explore different videos. If you don’t clear the watch history on YouTube, you will get a recommendation based on your watched history that might not interest you anymore.
Q3. How To Pause YouTube Watch History?
Pausing your YT watch history will not keep a record of everything you watch on the platform. So YouTube won’t be able to know what recommend you. Even if it does, it might be something new. If you know the steps to clear YouTube watch history, you are already halfway through the steps to pause YouTube watch history. Here are the steps.
- Open YouTube and go to the library option.
- Tap on view all and tap on the three dots icon.
- You will see the pause watch history option. Tap on it.
Q4. How To Delete YouTube Search History?
If you don’t want others to know what you watch on your YT, you must also delete your YouTube search history. Here are the steps to know how you can do it on your desktop.
- Open YouTube and go to the three horizontal lines.
- Select History and click on Watch, and Search History.
- You will see all your watched videos. You can click on the X icon on the video to remove it from the history.
Now that you know how to clear =watch history on YouTube, you can remove them if you don’t want others to know what you watch. There’s a high chance of you downloading the video you watch. So if someone saw that they will know your interest. To avoid that, you must know the steps to delete all your downloaded videos on YouTube.