There are times when you like a song while watching a YouTube video, but you might not recognize the song. In that case, you would want a tool that will fetch the name of the song, lyrics, name of the artist, and album. Even Google won’t be able to help you identify the song if you don’t have the bare information. That’s when you’ll want to know how to Shazam a YouTube video.
Shazam is a tool that helps you identify the song while you play it, even if it’s in a video. So here’s how to use Shazam to identify a song in a YouTube video.
Steps To Shazam A YouTube Video (iOS)
To Shazam a YT video on an iOS device, you need to download the app from the app store. Once the app is downloaded, you must follow these steps:
1. Open settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap Control Center.
3. Tap on the plus icon next to Music Recognition.
4. Now, go to the YouTube app and play the video. You can also play the video if it’s on your device already.
5. While you watch the video, swipe down to your control center.
6. Tap on the Shazam icon to identify the song in the video.
How To Shazam YouTube Music? (Android)
1. Download the Shazam app from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the Shazam app on your Android phone and hold the Shazam button.
3. Now open the YouTube app and play the video.
4. Once Shazam has identified the song from the video, you will receive a notification. If you do not receive the notification, you must open the Shazam app to find the name of the song.
How To Shazam YT Video? (PC)
To Shazam a YT video on your computer, you need to install the Shazam extension to Chrome. Once you add the extension, follow these steps:
1. Now open YouTube on Chrome and search for the video.
2. Play the video.
3. Now click on the puzzle-like icon to display all the installed Chrome extensions.
4. Now, click on the Shazam extension from the list. Shazam will then listen to the song and identify it for you.
Once the song is identified, the name of the song and artist will appear at the top-right.
If you have followed this step-by-step guide, it must have been easy for you to know how to Shazam a YouTube video. If you already have a premium YT music subscription, you can even download the song. But if you cannot download the song, you can record the audio from YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I use Shazam on a YouTube video?
Yes, you can use the Shazam to identify a song from the YouTube video. This app also helps you to find songs from TikTok and Instagram too.
Q2. Can Shazam find a song in a video?
You can simply open the Shazam app on your iOS and Android phones and hold the Shazam button. Then play the video and let Shazam identify the song for you.
Q3. How can I identify a song from a YouTube video?
If you want to identify a song from a YouTube video, you can use sites like Smule, SoundHound, and Deezer other than Shazam.
Q4. How do you identify a song by uploading audio?
If you want to identify a song by uploading the audio, you can use the AudioTag website. This site allows you to upload a sound clip in various formats like MP3, MP4, AMR, WAV, and FLV. Once you upload the clip, the site will identify the song.