YouTube live streaming is a good platform for gamers, news, and organizations that want to share live updates. You must have seen the ‘live’ notification on Facebook and Instagram. Live streaming on YouTube has become very popular since the pandemic forced us to attend events, meetings, and programs online. In this blog, we’ll discuss how to use YouTube Live Streaming feature.
Table of Contents
Why use YouTube live streaming?
Increases reach: There are more than 2 billion users who log in to YouTube every day. You can reach millions of people by streaming live on YouTube. This helps you to increase your reach in minimum time. A platform like YouTube will prefer live streams over uploaded videos.
Cost-effective: You can livestream on YouTube and publish it on your channel for free. It also saves you time as you do not have to work on the video or edit the video once it is posted.
Builds a brand: If you’re a YouTuber and are using a YouTube affiliate program to make money, You can use YouTube live streaming to sell products and services. Nearly 70% of people use YouTube to know the reviews of the products. Most people’s purchasing decisions depend on YouTube. Live streaming on YouTube can help your YouTube channel to become the brand that you desire.
Live stream YouTube on mobile: Well, yes, that’s one of the coolest advantages of YouTube live streaming. You do not need pro equipment to live stream on YouTube. You can simply use your phone.
Steps to enable YouTube live streaming
There are many ways to live stream on YouTube – you can live stream through a phone, web browser, or software encoder. If you’re a beginner on YouTube, you can use a web browser and mobile app to live stream on YouTube. If you’re a pro, you can use a software encoder for YouTube live stream.
How to live stream on YouTube using a web browser?
If you’re a newbie to YouTube, this is one of the easiest ways to live stream on YouTube. You simply need to use an external webcam to engage and interact with your viewers. Follow these steps for YouTube live streaming using your browser:
- You need to have an account on YouTube to stream live.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the upper right corner, a camera-like icon will be visible to you. Simply click on the icon, and there will be two options available – ‘Upload video’ and ‘Go live’.
- You need to click on ‘Go live’. Your browser might ask you for certain permissions (camera, microphone).
- Ensure your webcam is on. You can give a title to your livestream. This will give an idea to your audience about what your livestream is about.
- You can also schedule your live stream YouTube time.
- Select ‘More options. Check your microphone and camera settings.
- Also, there are ‘Advanced settings’ that allow you to handle the chat, age restrictions, and monetization settings. The monetization setting is available for YPP members only.
- Select a thumbnail, or you can upload a thumbnail.
- Yes, you have successfully streamed live on YouTube.
How to live stream on YouTube Mobile?
You can live stream on YouTube mobile if you have more than 1000 subscribers. If you have less than 1,000 subscribers on your YouTube channel, that does not mean you cannot go live. Follow these steps to live stream on YouTube through mobile:
- Download the YouTube App from the app store ‘Google Play Store’ for Android and ‘App Store’ for iOS.
- You need to open the app and click on the right corner of the ‘camera icon’.
- Check your permissions for the camera, microphone, storage, and photos.
- Click on ‘Go live’.
- You can record with a phone camera or display your phone icon.
- Add a title for your live stream.
- The “Advanced settings” will allow you to handle the chat, age restrictions, and monetization settings. The monetization setting is available for YPP members only.
- Select a thumbnail of your choice.
You’re now live streaming on YouTube through your phone.
If you’re a gamer or an organization, you can use YouTube live streaming to reach the maximum audience and grow your YouTube channel. Twitch is another popular video-sharing platform for live streaming, especially for gamers. Learn how to live stream on Twitch in our guide. With VeeFly, you can buy YouTube views to gain real views on your videos. Live stream on YouTube and grab the opportunity to get quality views on your YouTube videos today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I fix YouTube is not enabled for live streaming?
If your channel has violated the community guidelines. It could be age restriction, or you might not have enabled the live streaming.
Q2. How do I enable monetization on YouTube live stream?
YouTube has rolled out features like fan funding, which worked as a tip collection jar for creators and streamers. Super chat is another feature that helps viewers donate and support the YouTubers.
Q3. What is the eligibility for YouTube live streaming?
YouTube lets you live stream only if you come across the eligibility criteria, that is, 50 subscribers. Yes, as soon as you generate this many users, you can start streaming anytime.
Q4. Does YouTube pay per stream?
YouTube Music pays $6-8 for 1000 streams. You receive an average payout per stream of $0.008.