YouTube live streaming is a good platform for gamers, news, and organizations that want to share live updates. I am sure you must have seen the ‘live’ notification on Facebook and Instagram. Live streaming on YouTube has become very popular since the pandemic forced us to attend events, meetings, and programs online. In this blog, we’ll discuss how to use YouTube Live Streaming feature.
Why use YouTube live streaming?
Increases reach: There are more than 2 billion users who log in to YouTube every day. You can reach millions of people by streaming live on YouTube. This helps you to increase your reach in minimum time. A platform like YouTube will prefer live streams over uploaded videos.
Cost-effective: You can live stream on YouTube and publish it on your channel for free. It also saves your time as you do not have to work on the video or edit the video once it is posted.
Builds a brand: If you’re a YouTuber and are using a YouTube affiliate program to make money, You can use YouTube live streaming to sell products and services. Nearly, 70% of people use YouTube to know the reviews of the products. Most people’s purchasing decisions depend on YouTube. Live streaming on YouTube can help your YouTube channel to become the brand that you desire.
Live stream YouTube on mobile: Well yes… that’s one of the coolest advantages of YouTube live streaming. You do not need pro equipment to live stream on YouTube, you can simply use your phone.
Steps to enable YouTube live streaming
There are many ways to live stream on YouTube – you can live stream through phone, web browser, or software encoder. If you’re a beginner on YouTube, you can use a web browser and mobile app to live stream on YouTube. If you’re a pro you can use a software encoder for YouTube live stream.
How to live stream on YouTube using a web browser?
If you’re a newbie to YouTube, this is one of the easiest ways to live stream on YouTube. You simply need to use an external webcam to engage and interact with your viewers. Follow these steps for YouTube live streaming using your browser:
- You need to have an account on YouTube to stream live.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- On the upper right side corner, a camera-like icon will be visible to you. Simply click on the icon, there will be two options available – ‘Upload video’ and ‘Go live’.
- You need to click on ‘Go live’. Your browser might ask you for certain permissions (camera, microphone).
- Ensure your webcam is on. You can give a title to your live stream, this will give an idea to your audience about what your live stream is about.
- You can also schedule your live stream YouTube time.
- Select ‘More options. Check your microphone and camera setting.
- Also, there are ‘Advanced settings’ that allow you to handle the chat, age restrictions, and monetization settings. The monetization setting is available for YPP members only.
- Select a thumbnail or you can upload a thumbnail.
- Yes… you have successfully streamed live on YouTube.
How to live stream on YouTube Mobile?
You can live stream on YouTube mobile if you have more than 1000 subscribers. If you have less than 1000 subscribers on your YouTube channel, that does not mean you cannot go live. Follow these steps to live stream on YouTube through mobile:
- Download the YouTube App from the app store ‘Google Play store’ for Android and ‘App store’ for iOS.
- You need to open the app and click on the right corner on the ‘camera icon’.
- Check your permissions for the camera, microphone, storage, and photos.
- Click on ‘Go live’.
- You can record with a phone camera or display your phone icon.
- Add a title for your live stream.
- The “Advanced settings” will allow you to handle the chat, age restrictions, and monetization settings. The monetization setting is available for YPP members only.
- Select a thumbnail of your choice.
You’re now live streaming on YouTube through your phone!
If you’re a gamer or an organization you can use YouTube live streaming to reach maximum audience and grow your YouTube channel. Twitch is another popular video-sharing platform for live streaming, especially for gamers. Learn how to live stream on Twitch in our guide. Veefly offers 1000 free YouTube views and helps you to gain real views on your videos. Live stream on YouTube and grab the opportunity to get quality views on your YouTube videos today!