Are you wondering how to find duplicates in excel? When you have a large chunk of data to remove, you do not have the time and the patience to find the duplicate data. But excel is such a marvel that it has solutions for all your problems. Hence you can search duplicates and remove them if you know the formulas in excel. You do not need to worry if you are not aware of the formulas; in this guide, we will discuss finding duplicates in excel and removing them.
Ways To Find Duplicates In Excel
In case if you have a list of numbers in your excel data and want to check if there are duplicates, then here is how you can find duplicates in excel with the help of the menu bar.
1. Select the entire data. For instance, in our sheet, we will select the cells from A1:G17.
2. Now go to the home tab on the top of the excel sheet and click on “Conditional formatting.”
3. Select “Highlight cells rule” and “Duplicate values.”
4. You can select a formatting style of your own and click on “OK.”
Now the duplicate cells will be highlighted.
How to delete duplicates in excel
1. Click on any single cell in the excel sheet.
2. Go to the “data tab” and click on “remove duplicates”
3. Click on “OK”
Wasn’t it easy to learn how to delete duplicates in excel?
Now that you know how to find duplicates in excel, you can easily track the duplicate data in your sheet and delete the data.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I filter duplicates in Excel?
Ans. If you want to filter unique values, you need to click Data > Sort & Filter > Advanced.
Here, you can remove duplicate values, click Data > Data Tools > Remove Duplicates.
Q2. How do I find duplicates in two columns?
Ans. 1. Select the entire data.
2. Click the Home tab.
3. Click on the “Conditional Formatting” option in the Home tab.
4. Tap on the “Highlight Cell Rules” option.
5. Click on “Duplicate Values.”
6. In the Duplicate Values dialog box, ensure “Duplicate” is selected.
7. You are needed to specify the formatting.
8. Finally, click “OK.”
Q3. How do I find duplicates in Excel without deleting them?
Ans. While finding the duplicate data in your sheet, you need to decide for yourself whether or not to delete them. The best thing is to highlight all duplicate content using conditional formatting. To do so you have to select the columns you want to check for duplicate information, and follow these steps: click Home > Highlight Cell Rules > Duplicate Values.
Q4. How do I highlight duplicates from different sheets in Excel?
Ans. Select both columns of data that you want to compare. On the Home tab, in the Styles grouping, under the Conditional Formatting drop-down, choose Highlight Cells Rules, then Duplicate Values. Select the colors you want on the Duplicate Values dialog box and click OK. Notice Unique is also a choice.