Is your MacBook Pro touch bar not showing? If the answer is yes, you have come to the right place. MacBook for sure has slowly gained the monopoly over providing the best laptop services! Without a doubt, the laptop is always in good condition and provides you with all the essential features. But there is an issue that many people are reporting regarding the MacBook Pro touch bar not showing. While this is a common issue, you might want to know the solution at the very start. So without any delays, let’s get into it!
How To Fix The MacBook Pro Touch Bar Not Working?
The touch bar on MacBook Pro offers you a wide range of properties that you can use in your daily life. These small features can save your time and make your whole MacBook experience a whole lot more enjoyable! But there are cases where you might experience unexplained issues, such as your MacBook Pro touch bar not working or not lighting up. Don’t worry; we have you covered. Let’s take a look at the first step.
- Open the terminal app. This is pre-installed on your Mac, and you can find it by searching under the spotlight.
- Type the following command in the terminal
- Press the return key
This should solve your issues regarding your MacBook Pro touch bar not working. If you still find that the problem persists, follow the fantastic hacks to fix the issue of the touch bar not working!
- Restart your Mac from the Apple menu
- Use your Mac in safe mode
- Refresh your touch bar. This should clear the memory of your device.
You can also reset your SMC if your MacBook is an intel powdered MacBook. SMC is a system management controller that helps work CPU, battery, LED indicators, and keyboard. Here is how to reset SMC MacBook Pro.
- Turn OFF your MacBook.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds and then release it.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn ON your device.
If you still face Touch Bar problems on your MacBook Pro, follow the steps mentioned below to reset the SMC:
- Turn OFF your Mac.
- Press and hold Control + Option (Alt) +Shift keys on the built-in keyboard. Your device might turn on.
- Continue to hold the three keys for 7 seconds. Now, press and have the Power button.
- Keep holding the four keys for another 7 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for a few seconds.
- Turn ON your device.
We hope that with the steps portrayed above, you can easily fix the issue of the MacBook Pro touch bar not showing. See you around!
Frequently asked questions
Ques.1. How much does it cost to fix the touch bar on Mac?
Ans.1 Logic board replacement: $349-$739, depending on make and year. Replacing touch bar and logic board of late-model MacBook’s: $1,200 and up.
Ques.2 How do I change my Mac language back to English?
Ans.2 Here is how you can instantly shift the mac language back to English!
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click Language & Region.
- Drag the desired language to the top of the Preferred languages list. If the language you want isn’t listed, click the Add (+) button to add the language you wish.
- Restart your Mac.
Ques.3 What is the shortcut to changing the language on the keyboard?
Ans.3 You can press Shift + Ctrl + Space to use it as a shortcut to change the language on the keyboard!