If you want to know how to do out of office in Outlook, you will definitely be out on your vacations. Or you might be at an event where you will be unable to reply to your emails. Who would respond to clients’ emails, though, if you are on leave? You might have colleagues who would answer on your behalf, or you can simply let the person know you are out of the office!
In this blog, let’s understand the different ways in how to do out of office in Outlook.
Steps On How To Do Out Of Office In Outlook
1. Click File, then select the options below if the image matches your Outlook version.
Choose “Automatic Replies.”
If you are using Outlook 2007 version, then
Select “Out of Office Assistant.”
2. Select ” Send automatic replies ” in the Automatic Replies box, and select “Send automatic replies.”
Gives you an option to set a date range for your automatic reply outlook. Also, this setting will turn off the automatic responses at the selected date and time. If you don’t choose the date and time range, you must manually turn off automatic replies.
3. On the Inside My Organization tab, type the automatic reply outlook you want to send to teammates or colleagues while out of office message outlook.
4. Select OK to save your settings.
How to Set Up Out of Office Replies in the Microsoft Outlook Web Version?
To set up automatic out-of-office replies, please follow the below steps.
If you’re using the web version of Outlook, click Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Automatic replies to set up out-of-office answers. Then enable automatic replies, compose your message, and save it.
When to use an out-of-office reply?
When you cannot read emails during regular business hours, it’s appropriate etiquette to set up an out-of-office reply. An out-of-office message is acceptable whether you’re going on a vacation for several weeks or only busy for the day while attending an offsite conference or business event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I put out of the office on Outlook?
Here are the steps set out of office message outlook:
Ans. 1. Click on the “File tab” on your Outlook to view your account information.
2. Select the “Automatic Replies” option.
3. Click on “send automatic replies.”
4. You must enter the Date and time when you need to send the automatic replies. Also, this setting will stop sending automatic emails on the end date. If you do not enter the Time and Date, you must manually turn off the out-of-office emails.
Q2. How do I set up out of the office in Outlook 365?
Ans. 1. Open your Outlook.
2. Click on the “File tab.”
3. Then Click on “Automatic Replies.”
4. You have to enter your Automatic response.
5. Also, you can configure different automatic replies accordingly for senders inside or outside the organization. Outlook also allows you to send Automatic Replies indefinitely or during a specific time frame that you need.
Q3. How do I put an out of office on my email?
Ans. I will be out of the office starting (Starting Date) through (End Date) and returning(Date of Return). If you need immediate assistance during my absence, please contact (Contacts Name) at (Contacts Email Address). Otherwise, upon my return, I will respond to your emails as soon as possible.
Q4. How do I turn on out of the office in Outlook 2010?
If you are using Outlook 2007, then you need to follow these steps:
Tools > Rules and Alerts
If you are using Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365, follow these steps to set out of the office.
File-> section Info-> button Manage Rules & Alerts
Q5. How do I set my Out of Office status?
Ans. You can refer to the above blog for complete instructions on how to set up out-of-office status. We’ve shown you how to set up automated responses.
Q6. Where is the out-of-office in Outlook 365?
Ans. When you open the Outlook, you will find it under the File tab in the upper left-hand corner, and you can select out of office on the next screen.
Now that you know how to do out of office in Outlook, let your colleagues and clients know that you are out for Christmas celebrations! Also, if you are using Gmail and your email box keeps crashing, here’s how you can fix it!