If you want to know how to do out of office in Outlook, you will definitely be out on your vacations. Or you might be at an event where you will be unable to reply to your emails. Who would respond to clients’ emails, though, if you are on leave? You might have colleagues who would answer on your behalf, or you can simply let the person know that you are out of the office!
In this blog, let’s understand the different ways in how to do out of office in Outlook.
Steps On How To Do Out Of Office In Outlook
1. Click File, then select the options below that if the image below matches your version of Outlook.
Choose “Automatic Replies.”
If you are using Outlook 2007 version, then
Select “Out of Office Assistant.”
2. In the Automatic Replies box, select “Send automatic replies.”
Gives you an option to set a date range for your automatic reply outlook. Also, this setting will turn off the automatic responses at the Date and time you have selected. If you don’t choose the date and time range, you have to turn off automatic replies manually.
3. On the Inside My Organization tab, type the automatic reply outlook you want to send to teammates or colleagues while out of office message outlook.
4. Select OK to save your settings.
Now that you know how to do out of office in Outlook let your colleagues and your clients know that you are out for Christmas celebrations! Also, if you are using Gmail and your email box keeps crashing, here’s how you can fix it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I put out of the office on Outlook?
Here are the steps set out of office message outlook:
Ans. 1. Click on the “File tab” on your Outlook to view your account information.
2. Select the “Automatic Replies” option.
3. Click on “send automatic replies.”
4. You have to enter the Date and time when you need to send the automatic replies. Also, this setting will stop sending automatic emails on the end date. If you do not enter the Time and Date, you must manually turn off the out-of-office emails.
Q2. How do I set up out of the office in Outlook 365?
Ans. 1. Open your Outlook.
2. Click on the “File tab.”
3. Then Click on “Automatic Replies.”
4. You have to enter your Automatic response.
5. Also, you can configure different automatic replies accordingly for senders inside or outside the organization. Outlook also allows you to send Automatic Replies indefinitely or during a specific time frame that you need.
Q3. How do I put an out of office on my email?
Ans. I will be out of the office starting (Starting Date) through (End Date) returning(Date of Return). If you need immediate assistance during my absence, please contact (Contacts Name) at (Contacts Email Address). Otherwise, I will respond to your emails as soon as possible upon my return.
Q4. How do I turn on out of the office in Outlook 2010?
If you are using Outlook 2007, then you need to follow these steps:
Tools > Rules and Alerts
If you are using Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365, follow these steps to set out of office.
File-> section Info-> button Manage Rules & Alerts